[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Executive Director?

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Fri Dec 10 13:09:32 UTC 2010

On 10 December 2010 11:20, Anirudh Bhati <anirudhsbh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let us add another line to the end of the appeal explaining that "the Wikimedia
> Foundation is a non-profit organization that hosts {{{SITENAME}}} and
> other sister-projects."

We had something like this in the 2008 and 2009 appeals - 2007 was
very "Wikimedia-heavy", but these ones had a single section in each.

We currently have the odd situation where a local chapter form:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/WMFJA1/GB
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/WMFJA1/AU

is actually slightly clearer on who WM are than the main one:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/WMFJA1/en/US

Putting a comment under the donation box in the sidebar might work
better than adding it to the end, I think - it means we don't have to
change it each time we change the appeal. We can also adapt it to
mention the local chapter, where relevant, without changing the text -
like WMAU have, here.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk