[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Executive Director?

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 06:43:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:35 AM, theo10011 <de10011 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't like the assumption of bad faith earlier on part of the team, the
> fundraising team [1] as you would note, consists of Community members from
> different locations and backgrounds. I am from India, Moushirah is from
> Egypt, Dan and James are community members who also work remotely, all of
> us
> are community members working on the fundraiser together. Philippe himself
> has been a long-standing community member for the past few years before
> joining the foundation. The implication of an Us Vs. them mentality here,
> is
> counter-productive to our common goal.

Being an en.wp admin, oversighter (on leave), and OTRS admin, I think it's
fair to say I'm a community member working remotely as well :)  Alex as a
meta admin/crat, en.wp admin, and all around awesomeness on transcom.

If the Community department has ever had a community running the show, this
is it.  I understand the point and the perceived assumption of bad faith,
but perhaps we do need awareness that over half of the staff working on this
campaign are plucked from the community and we've spent thousands of hours
over years for Wikimedia.  Things are fixed, we acted quickly (both
community and staff, thank you MZ and the folks that fixed the banner), and
we're all here for each other.

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan