[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Executive Director?

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 23:19:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:03 AM, K. Peachey <p858snake at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> I'm not going to debate the whole wording thing, but I will point out,
> It is a crime to receive property/goods under false pretenses in
> Australia which is what advertising a person with the incorrect job
> title would be. Don't forget it isn't only the foundation handling the
> donations this year, the local chapters are as well.

This is an important point to raise regarding cultural and legal
differences in regards to advertising, however the banner in question
is not appearing in Australia.

The Australian chapter is managing the banners and appeal text that
appear within Australia, and there is no way 'Wikipedia Executive
Director' would have been approved by the WMAu committee.

--
John Vandenberg