[Foundation-l] some worries about fundraiser and editor appeals boycotting it

Peter Coombe thewub.wiki at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 7 15:19:27 UTC 2010

I believe that the plan is to bring in the "thermometer" showing how
close we are to our target in the later stages of the fundraiser. As
you say, hopefully that will boost donations again.

At the moment we seem to be doing fine. The personal appeal has proved
itself extremely powerful, I think the only reason the Jimbo appeal
came so late last year was that no one realised just how effective it
could be. It's only natural that response will decrease over time, so
that's why there are a variety of messages being trialled to keep up
interest.

Pete / the wub