[Foundation-l] Pieter Kuiper

Virgilio A. P. Machado vam at fct.unl.pt
Mon Dec 6 23:41:28 UTC 2010

Adam,

What a timely post. What an opportunity to test the Santa Claus
hierarchical structure.

I do feel your pain, but given my extensive experience of bring up
all sorts of shenanigans to the attention of this list and meeting
the most deafening silence, I'm taking bets on what kind of response
you going to get here or anywhere else, including where it would
matter most: Commons. The house, as always, has an advantage: it has
been already more then three hours since you posted your message and
the response has been an overwhelming zero.

If you do succeed in bringing any change to Commons through this
request of yours, I will follow with a similar one of my own
concerning the Brazilian Wikipedia, whose de facto "president" has
recently delivered a speech that includes some well oiled quotes like
"I'm not a crook."

Actually the place is falling apart from rot: no bureaucrats, no
checkusers, and an arbcom which is the epitome of fairness and due
procedure, and now under the spell of a steward that lay in waiting
for his time to take over. All of you that are believers join me in
prayer for the salvation of that project, although I think that is
not going to be enough. Things are going to get a lot worse, before
they have a chance to get better, if ever.

Best of luck to you too, Carolina.

Sincerely,

Virgilio A. P. Machado (Vapmachado)