[Foundation-l] "Personal Appeals for individual editors" strikes the right chord

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 18:52:01 UTC 2010

On Dec 5, 2010, at 1:32 PM, Alec Conroy wrote:

> I just wanted to write in to compliment all those who are behind the
> banners on the site right now--   Personal Appeals from individual
> editors with inspiring visions about how Wikimedia can help change the
> world for the better.
>
> This, to me, is is what a 'Wikimedia Fundraiser' should feel like--
> it's hopeful, it's upbeat.  It's visionary, it's populist.   It's
> polished and sleek without boring and homogenous.  It pulls at the
> readers heartstrings, and it effectively communicates 'why' everyone
> cares so much about this movement.   The personal appeals remind us
> that we're not "just a cool website" run by a gaggle of geeks-- we're
> a social movement trying to help bring light to all the corners of the
> globe.

On behalf of the other Community Associates on the fundraising team, thanks Alec. We did intend this fundraiser to be populist, especially the Personal Appeals on the editor campaign. To that end, if you'd like to help out with the fundraiser further, please contact me directly and I can help figure out where to place you. Thanks again for the compliment, we really are proud of the fundraiser.

--
Dan