[Foundation-l] Fwd: Re: [VereinDE-l] Bericht zur Verleihung der Zedler-Me...

Virgilio A. P. Machado vam at fct.unl.pt
Sun Dec 5 00:52:05 UTC 2010

Dear Mr. Will Johnson

Recently I put together a text on "A civilized community." It is
quite long. Nevertheless, I would welcome any suggestions, comments
an/or criticism you might have.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Vapmachado/Comment_draft

Before that I was engaged in working on Portuguese Wikipedia
governance issues, some of which are sorely shared with practically
all Wikimedia projects.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Vapmachado/Portuguese_Wikipedia_governance_issues

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Vapmachado/Portuguese_Wikipedia_governance_issues

Needless to say that that work has already been under attack, and has
been put on hold by the divine intervention of the Meta administration.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Vapmachado#Block

The period for my reeducation is drawing to a close. I hope that I'll
be automatically unblocked soon. If I have to rely on the enlightened
benevolence of the Meta administration I might end up forgotten in
the MetaGulag, just like my request for unblock has been left in
MetaLimbo for almost two months now.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Requests_for_unblock

Before I forget, you'll find here, without any surprise, why I ended
up blocked nine days later, and my unblock request ignored. Another
small step for Meta; one giant leap of callousness.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Requests_for_help_from_a_sysop_or_bureaucrat/Archives/2010-09#Requests_for_comment.2FAzeri_wikipedia

But I digress. Very typical of me. I would very much welcome links,
references, bibliography anything that would be helpful in developing
a proper governance model for Wikimedia and other virtual projects in
dire need of separation of powers, checks and balances and full accountability.

Sincerely,

Virgilio A. P. Machado (Vapmachado)