[Foundation-l] Moderation (was: should not web server logs (of requests) be published?)

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 03:19:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Ryan Lomonaco <wiki.ral315 at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Non-moderators should feel free to take a more active role in cooling down
> discussions.  Moderators can't watch the list 24/7, and just one post
> imploring a few heated participants to think before they hit "send" can be
> very helpful.

I'm hardly a frequent poster here these days. I mostly just lurk on
this list so I can keep somewhat abreast of things that are going
on. However, as a longtime participant, this strikes me as a fairly
useless idea.

The thought has crossed my mind from time to time to jump in and
say "hey guys, let's cool it with the ad hominems and get back to
point A/B" (probably in a slightly more sarcastic manner, as is my
style) But then I end up trashing the draft and saying to myself
"Why bother? I'm just going to be shouted down or called a troll."

I'm also pretty sure I'm speaking for a not-insignificant number of
people who are subscribed but who rarely (if ever) post.

-Chad