[Foundation-l] Pieter Kuiper

Virgilio A. P. Machado vam at fct.unl.pt
Tue Dec 7 00:45:11 UTC 2010

Pedro,

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you or anybody. I thought people
knew. It's the Brazilian Portuguese Wikipedia. Unfortunately, despite
all most pious statements to the contrary, the uncontroversial truth
is that a small group of 16 editors decided that all titles of
articles and titles and content of Wikipedia pages would be
"translated" into Brazilian Portuguese starting January 1, 2009.
Since that time there is no longer a Wikipedia that a Portuguese can
read without being full of gramatical mistakes. Think about what good
that is for the children, the elderly, and the low educated
Portuguese speaking population. Hey! I got my first block
(http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usu%C3%A1rio_Discuss%C3%A3o:Vapmachado#Bloqueado)
for trying to write these Wikipedia pages
(http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usu%C3%A1rio:Vapmachado/Artigos_e_Coment%C3%A1rios_04#P.C3.A1ginas_do_espa.C3.A7o_Wikipedia)
the same way as ALL my students. Kind of hard to deny based on that
evidence, isn't it. There's more to that block than this, but this is
already a long answer (always my problem) to a very short question.
At least I expect to have been thorough. Any other question, please
don't hesitate. You can always contact me in private so that we will
reach a consensus out of the limelight.

Sincerely,

Virgilio A. P. Machado (Vapamchado)

Prof. Virgilio A. P. Machado            vam at fct.unl.pt
Engenharia
Industrial
http://web.archive.org/web/20070824105539/www.ipei.pt/GDEI/
DEMI/FCT/UNL                    Fax:   351-21-294-8546 or 21-294-8531
Universidade de Portugal                or 351-21-295-4461
2829-516 Caparica                       Tel.:  351-21-294-8542 or 21-294-8567
PORTUGAL                                or 351-21-294-8300 or 21 294-8500
                                         Ext.112-32
96-577-3726
Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia/UNL (FCT/UNL)

(Dr. Machado is Associate Professor of Industrial Engineering at the
School of Sciences and Engineering/UNL of the University of Portugal)