[Foundation-l] Follow up: Fan History joining the WMF family

Philippe Beaudette pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 30 05:20:36 UTC 2009

On Nov 29, 2009, at 11:04 PM, phoebe ayers wrote:

> Questions that I'd like to see
> discussed on a large scale are:
>
> * Do we want any new projects? Right now? In the future? Ever?
> * If so, do we only want projects that follow traditional reference
> book models of organizing information? (e.g. Wikiquote, which follows
> the model of books of quotations)
> * or perhaps only educational projects?
> * do all projects have to follow NPOV? What about the other
> guidelines: NOR, V?
> * do we only want projects we start ourselves, or would we consider
> projects started by other organizations?
>
> And yes, this could go on the strategy wiki -- but I don't know of a
> good, unstructured place to have a discussion about such things there
> (that isn't a specific proposal or strategic objective or whatever).

I'd also like to point out http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Task_force/Expanding_Content
    - a task force to deal with exactly these issues.

Input is always welcomed :)

Philippe Beaudette
Facilitator, Strategy Project
Wikimedia Foundation

philippe at wikimedia.org

mobile: 	918 200-WIKI (9454)

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share in
the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!