[Foundation-l] Wikipedia is not bureaucracy, said bureaucrat and deleted...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Nov 27 07:41:05 UTC 2009

In a message dated 11/26/2009 11:37:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
george.herbert at gmail.com writes:

We have  the Mediators, arbcom, and experienced non-admin editors
around too.   Anyone who thinks admins can run roughshod over users
should watch ANI for  a while.  We aren't great about self-policing -
but we do  it.>>

--------------------------
But George you miss part of my point.
IF editors know their way around somewhat, they *could* fight an undeserved
 block or reprimand or whatever.

But what you're saying here is exactly what I'm pointing out that we do not
 want.
Encyclopedists are not necessarily expert game players, but we're requiring
 them to learn how.
We shouldn't be.  That was my point.

We should not be requiring every 95 pound weakling who shows up and runs
afoul of the 400 pound gorilla to try to learn how to fight it.  Even to  try
to find their way to AN/I, which is not an obvious thing at all in my  mind.