[Foundation-l] Proposal: Fan History joining the WMF family

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:56:08 UTC 2009

Why the heck not?

My only concern would be that the topic of fan history might be a bit
specialized by itself.

Why not call it "Wikitribes" and extend the concept to other
subcultures and microhistories of small communities?

I know of someone working with the oral history of Philadelphia jazz
musicians, for example, who would probably be quite interested in
contributing to a wiki project such as this.

I think for too long we have shunted off some of our more interesting
proposals to Wikia, and a commercial environment that may not be
appropriately conducive for these projects.

Thanks,
Pharos