[Foundation-l] strategic planning office hours today

Alexandr Romanov alexandrdmitriromanov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 08:48:47 UTC 2009

I appreciate that the Wikipedia Office is based in the US, and that the
staff there have time constraints. However, I feel it is a shame that
meetings like this take place at hours which are unlikely to attract users
from Europe (UTC to UTC+5) and Africa (UTC-1 to UTC+4).

Obviously, with timezones varying so greatly throughout the world we will
never be able to satisfy everyone, and I realise that not all meetings are
held at this time (and yes, I have missed the other recent meetings which
were at a better time for me (UTC) here in Morocco), but I just wanted to
highlight that 4am for people based in UK/Ireland/Western Africa, 5am in
Western Europe, and 6am Central Europe is not conducive for our
participation.

Have meetings been tried at 9am West Coast Pacific time (I presume so)?
Whilst this may present other problems (people being at work), it might
avoid the problems of people being fast asleep.

Just my musings on trying to encourage participation from a wider
international base.

Александр Дмитрий
Alexandr Dmitri

This message and any attachments (the "message") are intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you have received this message by
mistake, please delete it and immediately inform me by replying to this
email address. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or
disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited except after formal
approval. The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message. I
can not therefore be held liable for the message if it is modified.

Ce message et toutes les pièces-jointes (ci-après le « message » ou «
courrier email ») sont établis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires
et sont confidentiels. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le
détruire et de m'en avertir immédiatement en répondant à cette adresse
email. Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute
diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf
autorisation expresse. L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'intégrité de
ce message, je décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message, dans
l'hypothèse où il aurait été modifié.