[Foundation-l] the use of foundation-l

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Nov 8 08:57:29 UTC 2009

I will in the next few days, create a list which shows who, each month, has
posted the most messages to the list.  Or perhaps the top few.  I was
surprised, seeing the statistics page, at how few active participants there are.
Really just a handful, and it's been that way, for quite a long time, not a
recent event.  Which puts into perspective the implication that anything
has changed in this regard recently.

I did notice already some very surprising people who are the most
talkative.  Once we have the hard facts, then perhaps there could be a scientific
discussion of how to address it.  I don't personally like discussions based on
personal belief or experience alone.  They tend, in my opinion, to be
skewed.

By the way, when new potential-power-users appear, they should at the
minimum be given the same leeway, in number of posts, as any other user.  That is
apparently, by the examples we see in the statitics, something like 120
messages per month!  That's a lot!

Will