[Foundation-l] The state of Foundation-l (again) was: Recent firing?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:00:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hear hear. And even people who do spend a heck of a lot of their time
on Wikimedia might not want to spend it all reading F-l. And no, they
don't have to -- but if you want to keep up with general discussion
about the Foundation, you actually *do*. This is the main forum.
Dominating it is as rude as being that guy in a classroom who won't
shut up, to the detriment of all the other students who can't get a
word in edgewise; only in this case, there's no professor to maintain
order. If you're that guy, it's not like you're more brilliant than
everyone else; you're just more talkative and don't have any social
skills, and you are adversely affecting everyone else that has to
share the space with you.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Improving_Foundation-l is still up but
hasn't gotten any new traffic in the last few weeks. Suggestions
included:
* starting a forum
* starting an announcements list
* limiting posting