[Foundation-l] Recent firing?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 01:17:50 UTC 2009

2009/11/1 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:

>>> And, of course, is exactly what the Wikimedia Foundation just did.
>>
>> Sure, but in this case there wasn't any duplication of roles between
>> the offices, to the best of my knowledge.
>
> But "the best of your knowledge" is that you don't know what happened.
>  You're quick to criticize the rumor that he was fired, but then you
> yourself engage in speculating that he wasn't fired (and presenting
> that speculation as fact).  We don't know what happened.  It could be
> any one of a large number of things.

I have never heard of someone being fired and working a month's notice
and without evidence to the contrary I will assume that the WMF aren't
trying to intentionally mislead us about who is and isn't working for
them. That leaves me to assume he was not fired. There are all kinds
of other possibilities; I've listed the ones I think are most likely
earlier in this thread.