[Foundation-l] Recent firing?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 00:54:12 UTC 2009

2009/11/1 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
>>> Like, say, if you have two offices that combine into one big office?
>>
>> Yes, that would generally result in genuine redundancies.
>
> And, of course, is exactly what the Wikimedia Foundation just did.

Sure, but in this case there wasn't any duplication of roles between
the offices, to the best of my knowledge. The Staff page on the
foundation site mentions two people involved with Office IT Support,
Ariel Glenn and Steve Kent. I may be completely wrong, but I was under
the impression they both worked in the main office prior to the move.
I didn't think there was anyone in the usability office handling IT
support - half the group are programmers, so I doubt they have many
problems on a day-to-day basis and someone could go over from the main
office pretty quickly if needed.