[Foundation-l] Simple English Wikipedia on xkcd

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 03:59:39 UTC 2009

I would like to encourage Simple English Wikipedia fans to blog about
it ... particularly if you are non-English native speakers. The wiki
is just not known. They might know their mother tongue Wikipedia and
English one but not Simplewiki.

Last year I just mentioned to the Simple English Wikipedia just as one
of easy-reading materials for Second Language Acquisition. In a social
bookmark service popular in Japan, perhaps related to my blog entry,
Simplewiki yielded over 50 bookmarks just one day. And if I recall
correctly, one of Simple English Wikipedia virtue is for non-natives
education and convenience? Could we work more aggressively for our
potential readership?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 2:52 AM, Al Tally <majorly.wiki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:09 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://xkcd.com/547/
>>

>> - d.
>>

> Eh I'm sure this was discussed somewhere already... anyway, it brought a ton
> of new editors in, which was both good and bad (we desperately need more
> good editors, but not vandals!)
>
> --
> Alex
> (User:Majorly)