[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 19:14:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> Ah, so not only do you not ask for feedback, but you actively discourage it.

I think this is slightly misrepresenting what I said. For reference
purposes here the current footer, as attached to each outgoing
message:

"---
Disclaimer: all mail to this address is answered by volunteers, and
not to be considered an official statement of the Wikimedia Foundation. For
official correspondence, please contact the Wikimedia Foundation by
certified mail
at the address listed on http://www.wikimediafoundation.org
"

>From past experience, I can clearly state that this has seldom
discouraged anyone from following-up... It is just intended to show
that sending "I disagree with your opinion that allegation xyz in the
article about me is properly sourced and therefore I'll sue you soon"
in every response won't get you anywhere -- once the informal
resolution through the Support Team failed, there is no alternative to
formally contacting the WMF:

Michael

--
Michael Bimmler