[Foundation-l] Books

Patton 123 pattonabc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 23:25:24 UTC 2009

As there doesn't seem to be any meta or local wiki page for this I thought
I'd send this here. I've been testing the new PDF versions and they're
pretty cool.  I have a concerns about general layout and format though:

   - The article title appear at the top of all pages. this looks bad on the
   first page because there's a small title at the top and a much bigger title
   underneath. One of them needs to be removed from the first page.
   - Alternate text for images appears instead of the caption,
*including*the "alt=" bit.
   - A lot of tables don't look anyhting like they do in the article
   - Because infoboxes are huge and pictures in them are right aligned they
   take up a tiny bit of the bottom left corner of the infobox image field, the
   rest is blank
   - images such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:North.svg which are
   basically tiny 17px icons with arrows on them show up HUGE, taking up whole
   pages and throwing hte text out of line.
   - For multiple articles in the same book the next article should always
   start a fresh page. Having the title at the bottom and no text then loads of
   text with no title on the next page isn't great.

Overall though I like the knew feature what do you guys think?