[Foundation-l] Simple English Encyclopedia

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 23 23:32:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:01:11AM -0800, Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Brian Salter-Duke wrote:
>> However my central point that a discussion of something as important as
>> closing one of our most important projects in a way that few know about
>> it remains. The !vote is 42:102. We get more at en:WP on a RFA.
>
> A further argument against having this principally discussed on Meta is
> that those who are best served by Simple do not have the language skills
> to participate fully in a discussion where there is unlimited use of
> language.
>
> Ec

A very good point. Simple is special and should be treated in a special
way. Still, it does not look as if it will be closed.

Brian.

          Brian Salter-Duke            b_duke at bigpond.net.au
[[User:Bduke]] is single user account with en:Wikipedia main account.
       Also on Meta-Wiki, Wikiversity, fr:Wikipedia and others.
Treasurer, Wikimedia Australia Inc,    Go Wikimedia Australia Inc, Go!