[Foundation-l] Simple English Encyclopedia

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 18:06:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:

> A further argument against having this principally discussed on Meta is
> that those who are best served by Simple do not have the language skills
> to participate fully in a discussion where there is unlimited use of
> language.
>
> Ec

That would be just as true for a project in any other language but standard
English. What you're saying is that Meta isn't perfect - which is true. Do
you have a better alternative?

The question of how such a discussion would be closed is what concerns me
the most - I can't see allowing a meta bureaucrat to close such a poll
(which is what we would do in en.wp), and since the Foundation would have to
make the changes anyway... Would it be interpreted, then, by a developer?

Nathan