[Foundation-l] Simple English Encyclopedia

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.com.au
Mon Feb 23 09:45:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:18:03 +0000, Al Tally <majorly.wiki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 4:05 AM, H <hillgentleman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Brian,
>> It is usually the responsibility of the proposer to notify the
>> community.  I am very surprised that no one did.
>>

> Er, the community was notified. Not by the proposer, but by someone else.
> They do know about it though. No issue here.

They know about it because of [[Template:Bulletin/News]] on Simple. As
far as I can see the place(s) that this is transcuded are the only
places. The question however is how does a Simple WP editor who never
normally goes to meta know that s/he has to credential themselves before
they can !vote on this proposal? I fail to see how they can easily. Yes,
it is on meta somewhere but how would they get to read that? The whole
process is not really open to them.

Brian.
          Brian Salter-Duke            b_duke at bigpond.net.au
[[User:Bduke]] is single user account with en:Wikipedia main account.
       Also on Meta-Wiki, Wikiversity, fr:Wikipedia and others.
Treasurer, Wikimedia Australia Inc,    Go Wikimedia Australia Inc, Go!