[Foundation-l] Simple English Encyclopedia

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 23 03:45:55 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 09:36:52PM -0500, Casey Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Brian Salter-Duke
> <b_duke at bigpond.com.au> wrote:
> > Yes, I missed the point about "any" project. However how is a user from
> > Simple who hears about the closure of their project to know that when
> > they go there to give their opinion, they have to prove their standing
> > in the community? I think this is just another example of how remote
> > Meta is for the average editor on other projects.
> >

> Most of them time, it's noted in the SiteNotice, the main page, and/or
> the main discussion page.  (This is what's normally/should be done for
> the smaller wikis, at least.)

Well in this case I'm missing it. Also, I do not know whether I am odd,
but I hardly ever look at the main page, the community portal, etc on
any of the projects I work on.

Now on simple at:-

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Community_Portal

there is:-

Proposal for closure
    A proposal to close Simple English Wikipedia has been made.

The first line is a link to the discussion on meta.

I have not come across any other mention of this discussion on simple
and no mention of having to have 100 edits on other projects to
participate in the discussion on meta. How is the poor editor on simple
to know this, if s/he does not visit meta normally?

What am I missing?

Brian.