[Foundation-l] status of the licensing update

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Feb 22 21:43:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> Well, your posited statement that there could be jurisdictions
> where the switch could be invalid is still utterly baseless.

I'd be happy to discuss in detail my feeling on the validity of "the switch"
in another forum, but I think it would be far too involved for this forum.
In any case, the burden of showing the grant of a valid license is on the
licensee.  If anyone feels they can connect the dots from a contribution
being made on Wikipedia and that contribution being licensed under CC-BY-SA,
feel free.  I don't believe "the switch" is valid in any jurisdictions,
period.