[Foundation-l] We are taking to long to switch over

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 18:20:50 UTC 2009

Hoi,
There is a short period of time left before the switch over from the GFDL
license is to happen. What I observe is that it will be likely at the last
moment when the decision will be taken. The problem is that this is too
late.

It is too late because there are many websites who have selected the GFDL
because Wikipedia has this license as well. Where the people in the know are
aware that this magical deadline is approaching many of the people involved
are not.

It is for this reason that I urge us, the board to make a decision and
publish it widely because the GFDL is a viral license and it will make
cooperation with these people legally impossible. That would be the same
tragedy as it is a tragedy that we currently cannot legaly cooperate with
the websites that do use the CC-by-sa.
Thanks,
      GerardM