[Foundation-l] status of the licensing update

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 18:05:37 UTC 2009

geni wrote:
> 2009/2/20 Henning Schlottmann <h.schlottmann at gmx.net>:
>

>> * The responsibility for decisions of this magnitude lays with the
>> board. WMF is a non-membership association. Don't even try to evade that
>> responsibility by delegating it to the "community". Accept the
>> responsibility and act accordingly.
>>

> The board is not at this point that significantly involved.

This point bears belaboring. The switchover of licenses is one
those signal events that the boards remit clearly covers, and the
staffs does not even nearly begin to encompass. I don't see any
evidence that your dire view of the boards involvement is accurate,
but should it prove to be true; the conclusions derived thereof
by people who care, would not merely be dramatic, but frankly
tectonic in nature.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen