[Foundation-l] Flagged Revisions, Report on german WP

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 21 20:32:37 UTC 2009

Listening to Wikipedia Weekly (71) and reading the discussions on en.WP and
nl.WP about implementation, it strucks me how inaccurate the discussions
are. I do not know what is the reason for it, a poor presentation in the
first place, a confusing terminology, hidden ideological motives... It is
difficult to discuss something when people claim that it would take "ages"
until an article is sighted, that people are prevented from creating
articles, talk about the sighting of "autoconfirmed people" (has nothing to
do with that). With my mentees in de.WP I never experienced that someone
complained about the sighting process, the newbies took it as something
normal and asked me friendly to do the sighting (often it was already done
by someone else).
Of course, if someone creates an article about a less interesting subject,
it can take some days or even one, two weeks until sighting, but I don't see
the tragic of that.
Kind regards
Ziko

2009/2/19 P. Birken <pbirken at gmail.com>

> Creation of new articles by IPs was never disabled on de-WP. However,
> the number of articles coming is has been steady for years now with
> about 1.500, of which around 1.000 are speedy deleted, so an overall
> net growth of slightly less than 500 per day.
>
> Otherwise, we are were indeed able to come down to a maximal waiting
> time of 5 days and will try to keep it there or even lower.
>
> Best,
>
> Philipp

Ziko van Dijk
NL-Silvolde