[Foundation-l] status of the licensing update

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Feb 20 14:30:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Henning Schlottmann
<h.schlottmann at gmx.net>wrote:

> * Ditch the dual licensing. I don't understand it. I am trained as a
> lawyer to understand about licenses and I have not the slightest idea
> how the dual licensing is supposed to work. No one I talked to -
> layperson or professional - understood about it. Make a hard switch, as
> GFDL 1.3 allows. If RMS doesn't like it, too bad.

What jurisdictions are you licensed to practice law in?  Dual licensing at
least has the one added benefit that if the switch to CC-BY-SA is deemed
invalid in one or more jurisdictions, at least the content might still be
distributable under the GFDL.