[Foundation-l] A funny coincidence

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Thu Feb 19 07:04:14 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, after Kat and I had spent a couple days assisting Sue and
Erik with interviews for the CPO position (an intriguing group of
candidates, by the way), I was at the BART station on my way to the
airport. I bought my ticket from the machine, and when I pulled my
receipt out of the dispenser, I also found a 25-cent piece. Once I got a
closer look I realized why somebody might not have bothered to take
their change - it wasn't a U.S. quarter. Neither was it Canadian,
though, which is what you would typically find in that case. Of all
things, it happened to be Argentine, so 25 centavos actually.

I have no idea how 25 centavos from Argentina ended up in San Francisco,
in just the right place for me to pick them up. It was quite amusing to
me to think that later this year I'll actually be in Buenos Aires, I
suppose I should bring it with me whether I spend it or not. Anyway, I'm
looking forward to Wikimania, and seeing any of you that are able to
make it.

--Michael Snow