[Foundation-l] status of the licensing update

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Wed Feb 18 21:56:43 UTC 2009

It's already been made clear that the foundation has no obligation to
consult the community on this issue. My interpretation of Michael's
post is that he is restating this point. They are *going* to make the
switch, and when they do we will be bound by what the CC-BY-SA says
attribution is. We take it on good faith that the foundation will work
with cc (and that the cc will work with the foundation..) to come up
with an interpretation of the attribution requirements that is more or
less consistent with the vote. But there is no need to hold a vote now
since they have already decided to make the switch.