[Foundation-l] status of the licensing update

Ryan Kaldari kaldari at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 20:42:51 UTC 2009

As far as anyone not subscribed to this listserv can tell, the
proposal to migrate Wikipedia to Creative Commons is dead in the
water. Despite requests for an update on-wiki, no updates have come
from the Foundation since January. Looking at the archives here, it
looks like the last update was from Erik Möller on February 3rd in
which he said that he was hoping to "get some survey data this week,
and move quickly after that." Was the survey conducted? Is there a new
target date for the proposal? I'll be happy to post an update on-wiki
if someone will provide some information as to what the hold-up is. I
hope this email doesn't come across as critical or confrontational.
I'm simply trying to bridge the communication gap between the
Foundation and the community on this important issue. Thanks for your
attention.

Ryan Kaldari