[Foundation-l] Steward elections: summary, week one

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Feb 13 19:35:28 UTC 2009

Yaroslav M. Blanter wrote:
>> Hoi,
>> When people vote and do not provide arguments why it is reasonable to
>> ignore
>> them in circumstances like this one. In the end it is the person who
>> decides
>> on the outcome how certain votes are valued. We are working on consensus,
>> this means that it is not only about simple majorities,
>> Thanks,
>>        GerardM
>>

> I agree with you but this is not what is written in the rules. The
> majority of votes for and against every condidate are basically
> unmotivated. Which btw also makes sense since some people have opinions
> but are too shy of their English to express them.

As much as I agree with the sentiments expressed by Gerrard on this, in
practice it can't work.  I voted on this nomination without comment.  If
my belief has already been adequately expressed by others, it serves
little purpose for me to engage in repetitious verbiage.

The most important points can often be made with very few words.  That
has the unfortunate consequence of appearing weak while complainers are
seldom at a loss for words.

Ec