[Foundation-l] Steward elections: summary, week one

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 09:39:30 UTC 2009

Hoi,
Andre you make a good case why "ignore all rules" must be used carefully.
People express the opinion that Iran is the enemy and by inference Iranians
cannot be trusted. This is a great example of an opinion that is detrimental
to our projects. In my opinion we need an Iranian chapter as much as we need
an US American chapter. As with any chapter, there is a need for a hands off
approach to the projects that are relevant to the Iranian public. As our
Wiki culture has its origin in the USA, we need local people to explain how
our Wiki culture fits in the Iranian culture.

We need great content in the fa.wikipedia, we need people of the
fa.community to be prominent in our global community. We need more informed
content about Iran in the English Wikipedia. If anything making **Mardetanha‎
a steward is too important an opportunity to miss.
Thanks,
       GerardM