[Foundation-l] Request for Help: Spanish Betawiki Localization

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:04:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course they will, but I feel that Gerard's message was a bit
> misleading. What percentage of the untranslated messages would
> actually help the usability of the Spanish Wikipedia, vs. non-WM
> projects?
>
> skype: node.ue

Yes, that's why I called on the numbers,since they're mixing things

"and I am convinced that the Tagalog Wikipedia will benefit as a consequence."

So I point that 88% of what spanish wikimedia use is already done,then
I'm replied that I shouldn't think on wikimedia only. Mixed messages.

And I repeat,I understand localization importance,yet find distasteful
calling urgency (as if it were emergency) work for translating
esoteric extensions that are seldom used. Yes they're important but
definitely NOT an urgency

And the numbers were handled misleadingly,as if spanish wikipedia
isn't benefitting like tagalog does since "only 58%" is translated.