[Foundation-l] Request for Help: Spanish Betawiki Localization

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:47:01 UTC 2009

Hoi,
I am afraid you do not appreciate the importance of localisation. Yes, there
are thousands of messages and it is possible to have them all translated.
Tagalog is proof that a full localisation is possible. It was done in a
relatively short period of time and I am convinced that the Tagalog
Wikipedia will benefit as a consequence.

When "Crazy Lover" asks people to help with the localisation of Spanish, I
sympathise with his request. It is important that people help. I do not
understand the lack of awareness of why localisation is important. I truly
hope that many people will respond to CML's request because it will add an
important part to the Spanish language projects; the ability for people who
do not speak English to understand what is being asked of them in the User
Interface. The UI does not only consist of the core messages.
Thanks,
       Gerard