[Foundation-l] Licensing interim update

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Feb 10 04:38:44 UTC 2009

> >> The torturous logic can't
> >> disguise that the license has been GFDL from the git-go
> >> and is not departing from that license against the prime
> >> guardian of that license. That is the bare fact.
> >>

> > Huh?
> >

> See my above reply.

See mine.  I was speaking here with regard to the legal aspect of the
license change, not with regard to what I find acceptable or unacceptable.

Yes, the FSF has consented to this change (and shame on them for that), but
the fact that they are only willing to do so under such convoluted terms has
negative implications on the legal defensibility of it.

That said, it also speaks to the fact that even the FSF doesn't find this
change to be wholly acceptable.  They're not even willing to eat their own
dogfood.  Hell, they've gone through much trouble to ensure that virtually
no one except Wikipedia contributors has to eat it.