[Foundation-l] Steward elections: summary, week one

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 9 21:35:36 UTC 2009

> > 2009/2/9 Ziko van Dijk <zvandijk at googlemail.com>:
> >
> >> If I understand it right, Wikimedia or other stewards can trace what a
> >> single steward is doing. Even if a dictatorship forces a local steward
> to do
> >> something, there is the danger that this becomes public.
> >> Ziko
>
> If there's any sign that a steward had misused his previlege, for what
> ever reason, he would instantly lost that previlege.
>
> Ting

I see now that my statement can be misunderstood. Yes, Ting, that's what I
mean, it would not be a good idea of a dictatorship to try to have influence
on Wikipedia this way. Therefore I don't see a problem to have a steward
from such a country, unless they are all from the same.
Kind regards
Ziko

--
Ziko van Dijk