[Foundation-l] Licensing interim update

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 12:43:22 UTC 2009

2009/2/7 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> 2009/2/4 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
>
>> Add in the legal questions over the very relicensing itself, and a reuser
>> really isn't in any better of a position than they were when things were
>> GFDL.
>

> There is no legal question over the very relicensing itself. You
> trying to spread FUD here doesn't count.

There's no question in the US. I'm not convinced by "We believe that
licensing updates that do not fundamentally alter the spirit of the
license and that are permitted through the license itself are legally
valid in all jurisdictions." (the FAQ) I don't hold much stock by
"belief", I'd rather here from somebody that actually knows about each
jurisdiction (at least, the ones where we have a major presence, every
single one would be impractical).