[Foundation-l] Sharing Wikimedia pages on Facebook, etc.

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 17:44:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Halvor <a22112216 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There was a discussion at the Village Pump on en-wikipedia a year ago about
> implementing the rather familiar link sharing options that more and more
> websites have installed in order to increase readership.Typically this would
> show as:
>
> Save to del.icio.us • Share on Facebook • Digg This! • outside.in:
> geotag this story • Discuss on Newsvine • Stumble It! • Sphere: Related
> Content • Add to del.icio.us.
>
> - with perhaps some icons.
>
> I haven't been able to locate other discussions with regards to our
> implementing this feature.
>
> Have there been past discussions about this? Is this not a good idea?
>
> Halvor (meco)

I think there's an extension that does this already, but I could be wrong.
FWIW: I would want to be able to disable this easily (either via preference
or CSS). Not every user would want it or use it (I for one wouldn't). Also:
limit by namespace perhaps? Sharing of project namespace pages
could quickly lead to accusations of canvassing...

-Chad