[Foundation-l] FW: [Wikinews-l] Increased incivility atwikinews [en] <warning: contains rant>

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 00:19:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Phil Nash <pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk>wrote:

> ...and it's always (in my experience) a difficult
> dichotomy between kicking these people out of the door and culturing their
> behaviour so as to benefit the encyclopedia.

I think this is somewhat of a false dichotomy - making a good faith effort
to warn and discuss and work with problematic editors is almost always the
best course, with banning an unfortunate less desirable second choice if the
situation persists for long periods of time.

Most people do respond well to good faith efforts to get them to behave
better...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com