[Foundation-l] A Civil Wiki (was: Increased incivility at wikinews [en]

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 5 23:27:29 UTC 2009

on 2/5/09 5:36 PM, Marc Riddell at michaeldavid86 at comcast.net wrote:

> Thank you, Ray, I did misread it a bit. But, on the other hand, a model set
> here by Wikinews is the fact that someone from there is actually openly
> objecting and calling attention to it. That is the beginning of a successful
> model.
>
> Marc

A lot of good input so far regarding the state of communication in the
wikis. I would like to take some time and construct a dialogue model for
discussing this issue further. I feel this would be better - more productive
- than me just listing a bunch of things that I think ought to be done (and
a hell of a lot more interesting :-) ).

And, you are right George; this is a serious problem. There are many truly
creative people out there, with some truly creative ideas for the Project,
but who are intimidated by the abusive nature of some of the dialogue. The
result: they simply keep their thoughts and ideas to themselves - or take
them elsewhere.

Back soon,

Marc