[Foundation-l] Licensing interim update

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Tue Feb 3 19:46:50 UTC 2009

This attribution would be consistent with what I've seen suggested as
reasonable with current tech:

> Wikipedia.org/URL with the optional language code en.Wikipedia.org/URL(the redirect page would need to be fixed..)

With a system that can find the authors of any given piece of text no matter
when it existed in any language version:

Wikipedia

For digital images you can embed license info in the exif. For scanned
images (for example, of a digital image printed onto a t-shirt) there are
lots of image similarity algorithms. It just needs to say (Wikipedia) and
you can find the author.

I don't know about a CC-BY-SA, but can't we try to find a license that says
something reasonable for a change?