[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] second-class wikis

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:55:18 UTC 2009

Hoi,
I had a word with Duesentrieb, he works for the German chapter, and he told
me that the server issue is indeed a case of bad luck. He had some good news
as well, Duesentrieb and some other Tool Server developers are looking into
localisation for the tool server software. When the tool server tools are
internationalised and localised, the tool server will get more users. With
more users it becomes less acceptable that a service that has grown in
importance is available for a third of our capacity. The localisation work
will be done at Betawiki so that we keep our localisation and
internationalisation effort focused.

There has not been a satisfactory answer to the question why certain
services are not equally distributed over the services. When the
localisation and internationalisation of the tool server starts to kick in,
the priority of providing an equal support will be raised because increased
use will make these issues more visible and consequently it will not be as
acceptable as it currently seems to be.
Thanks,
      GerardM