[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:58:49 UTC 2009

2009/2/2 Sam Johnston <samj at samj.net>:

> False. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and the [edits of
> the] minority who choose to disrupt the community will be quickly and
> efficiently purged from it (albeit wasting resources in the process that
> could have been better utilised elsewhere).

I'm not talking about needs I'm talking about legal rights.

Remember you can't use presumed consent in this situation so if you
wanted to shift the credit to wikipedia you would need to track down
and get agreement from every author (and whoever inherited in the
cases where they have died). Given the amount of content we have from
very occasional contributers this is impossible.

> It is clear that there is a small but vocal minority intent on spreading
> 'important' FUD and in my opinion these people can't see the forest for the
> trees.

Please provide a halfway legal way to do what you propose. And no
moveing wikipedia to Afghanistan is not a valid answer.

--
geni