[Foundation-l] RfC: License update proposal

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 06:25:26 UTC 2009

David Goodman wrote:
> I am proud of my work, not of my name being on my work. that's narcissism.

It is a bit ego-centric to only care about how one self only
views ones work as mattering. It is wise and pragmatic
to acknowledge that not every individual thinks as one
thinks themselves. That is pluralism.

I don't myself care too much about being attributed
(which is one of the reasons for a long time I just did
IP-based edits), but I certainly will defend to the utmost
anyones right to feel pride from name-recognition.

Given that not that many books in the world are
published anonymously, clearly this approach to ones
name is far from exceptional.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen