[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:34:01 UTC 2009

Hoi.
When I read that people with a seat on the board aren't supposed to be paid,
I hope you mean that they are not paid by the Wikimedia Foundation. Because
the alternative is that all people on the board have to independently
wealthy and if that is the case I am relieved that I only just lost from SJ
in the board elections ...

I had a talk with Matt at Wikimania ... and he seems to be an OK kind of
person. He came across as thoughtful and given that his focus will be very
much on the strategy of the WMF and his experience is in this direction, I
think a lot of thinking power is now online for us to think in terms of
strategy ... That is imho a good thing.
Thanks,
     GerardM