[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Christophe Henner christophe.henner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:00:30 UTC 2009

Hey,

I've read most of the topic on my blackberry so might have missed some
point but I'm surprised of the reactions.

In my opinion there's only two questions "Is OM an organisation close
to WMF and supporting other NPO sharing some of WMF goals ? " the
answer is yes. So I don't see the problem in receiving a 3m$ donation
from another NPO sharing some goals with the WMF.

Second question, is " Does Matt Halprin brings interesting skills to
the current board ?" and yes it does.

So we have a really huge donation made by a friendly organisation and
an interesting new board member and then we still have people
moaning...

Anyway, I, for one, am really happy with receiving 1/3 of last year
budget in one donation, in-kind donations and a great new board
member.

All the best,

Christophe