[Foundation-l] So, scientists tell us what do we know for some time...

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 01:44:58 UTC 2009

OK,

There might be two (or more? :-) alternative models of that...
usurpation (?is that the right word?):

1. conspiracy of nitwits, which got organised into flock/gang/horde
and don't want anybody else to play with their beloved toy (even to
cross the border of their virtual territory);

2. some people ('veterans') are clever enough to make a conclusion (on
the base of community/tribe experience) that knowledge collection and
spreading is a craft and not so simple craft, so they start to filter
newbies... putting them into "either-or" situation: either you will
became apprentice first or (if you're too... bold or snobbish for
that) you should go somewhere else.

As to "guarding pitiful amateur POV productions like dogs" - well, I
admit that sometimes I do that (being aware that I'm protecting POV if
not worse) when some newcomer is too <s>snobbish</s> bold and start to
sustitute it by another POV, explicitly (and in some cases not
politely) refusing to supply sources, referring to his/her
self-confidence (+PhDs titles etc.) instead. ...and yes, I do cite (I
have to do that!) policies in this cases.

By the way - about policies:
I have no doubts that if one will compare the reverts statistics (just
numbers) before and after policies usage there might be same
conclusions: policies are evil.
I mean that
no policy = no edit criteria
so while each and every edit  was good (at least acceptable) before,
policies means edits filtering what means editor filtering if newbie
is too ambitious or something...

Anyhow I'm sure that project evolves (grew up?) and there is no
surprise that it became different in comparison to "those days"
situation. So just the fact that some signs of evolution process are
discovered doesn't mean that it's signs of something bad. Those signs
are subject not to reflects (emotional ones) but to thorough thinking
then discussion then thinking then discussion... :-P

Pavlo
____________
P.S. As I'm far not the native speaker in English so I needed
Wikipedia/vocabularies help to comprehend word 'nitwit'.
Now I understand the meaning but I have the question about roots of that word:
Is name of those
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nitwits&redirect=no cheering
people is the origin of this word
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nitwit
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=nitwit
? :-)
... yeah, I'm guilty - sorta original research (express one) :-P