[Foundation-l] Board election spamming

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 08:42:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 6:09 PM, private musings<thepmaccount at gmail.com> wrote:
> No silly - it's a mistake! (don't be so grumpy..... - or be aware that this
> could come across as grumpy at least)
>
> I recall the grumbles when Greg sent something out last year or the year
> before, and feel the same about this as that - the folk sending the email
> are using an imperfect system, but overall it's worth it - I'm hope that
> those feeling personally affronted by such an approach can take solace in
> something or other, and just generally relax a notch or two.... :-)

Oh, I am not affronted.

I am thrilled that the election committee decided that computer
engineers should be rewarded for their ingenuity by allowing their
fine opinion to be counted twice.

This motivates me to write more bots for next year.

p.s. can the election committee ensure that votes from bot accounts
are not counted??

p.p.s. if I can have another free vote, I will gladly write a bot to
help the election committee to discount bot votes...

--
John Vandenberg